The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. The underpinning of our work is a research-to-practice framework, through which we engage in activities from research to program implementation. DHE provides a dynamic and collaborative work environment to our employees that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Research Assistant to support the Environment and Natural Resources Division in Cambridge, MA.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support an interdisciplinary team conducting research in support of national-level environmental
programs in the areas of water resources, pollution prevention, and environmental risk.
- Carry out a range of research, modeling and other qualitative and quantitative analyses of
programs and policies using various databases and models.
- Assist in the preparation of documents, options papers, spreadsheets, databases, and other
materials for use by clients and senior managers as well as provide proposal and other administrative support.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Candidate must have an undergraduate degree in environmental engineering or science (e.g., hydrology, ecology), or a field related to environmental management systems
- Excellent writing abilities are required
- Strong quantitative and computer skills (e.g., statistics, GIS, programming) preferred
- Knowledge of USEPA, state and local environmental programs is desirable.
0 – 1 years of experience with bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.