WaterAid is looking for a Global Campaign Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Campaigns Team, the Global Campaign Manager will
- design, co-ordinate and deliver WaterAid’s campaigning work to deliver changes around key policy objectives, by targeting international bodies and global institutions and leading work through cross-organisational teams to develop clear advocacy and communication strategies to achieve key objectives
- maintain ongoing knowledge and analysis of the policy and practice of key targets such as the United Nations and its institutions, member states and International Financial Institutions, to inform the delivery of WaterAid’s global advocacy work; linking it with relevant WaterAid federation members and country programmes
- work with WaterAid’s communications team to write or devise campaign and other materials for external and internal use, such as reports, public statements, web features, audio-visual materials and government correspondence
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- extensive international advocacy, lobbying and policy experience, including international development or poverty eradication/sustainable development advocacy
- knowledge of policy, research, lobbying, public campaigning, media and digital work to influence a political agenda
- proven experience of strategy development, project design and evaluation; a track record of making strategic choices for greatest impact
- excellent critical thinking skills; sound political judgement, and understanding of the functioning and relationships of key players in the development arena
- excellent interpersonal skills to achieve cross-organisational goals, and experience of representing organisations at a high level, and influencing decision makers and international political institutions
- international development policy and / or thematic expertise knowledge of e.g. human rights, education, nutrition, gender, health, sanitation, water, etc
- experience of managing, motivating and developing a high performing team
- excellent written and verbal communications skills in English; digital competence and budget management skills.
- exposure to working in / on countries in Africa or Asia would be highly desirable
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
Our wide range of benefits including agile/flexible working, generous annual leave and additional leave purchase, exceptional pension, employee assistance programme and fitness and social initiatives.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.