The project assistant will work with and support the project managers in the organisation and report to the line manager who is part of the work planning team. Relations will be maintained most intensively with project managers but also with other staff in the Netherlands office, as well as with staff from the office network.
Overall Job Purpose
Provide administrative, reporting, financial and logistical support to project managers to ensure the timely, effective and efficient implementation of projects within Wetlands International.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Prepare draft contracts for consultants and subcontractors and monitors the terms and approval of the payments. Monitor processing, filing and timely implementation of the contract, signal deviations and ensure follow up by appropriate staff.
- Prepare draft project budgets, monitor budget expenditure and prepare invoices and transfer requests.
- Together with finance provides up-to-date overviews in terms of hours and budget monitoring and presents implications to the project manager.
- Compile information to facilitate project reporting by the project manager.
- Contribute to timely (quarterly) IATI reporting according to DGIS standards.
- Suggest improvements on internal project procedures
- Prepares project meetings, records the action points and minutes, and monitors their follow-up.
- Ensure project archiving, maintain contact database in line with the applicable procedures and with the aid of automated systems.
- Contribute to project proposal development with collecting CVs, track record, and proposal forms, updating the funding opportunities in automated system.
- Support the logistical organisation and coordination of workshops, Communities of Practice and (electronic) meetings (e.g. steering group, stakeholder meetings, and conferences) abroad and in the Netherlands; makes reservations and aligns with location, co-ordination of registrations and cancellations, co-ordination and planning of travel and accommodation of participants. Puts it in advance to the project manager for approval.
Skills and experience
- HBO thinking and working level in administration, secretariat and logistics. At least five years of experience in a similar position working in an international context
- Able to work accurately and systematically (planning & organising), and know how to prioritize urgent and important tasks in consultation with relevant colleagues.
- Solution-oriented and connecting person and can easily switch between different levels and departments.
- Excellent computer skills (excel, word, project administration, online document sharing systems, intranet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Excellent social skills, team player, specifically in a cultural diverse environment; experience in working with different cultures
- Pro-active, ‘hands-on’ attitude
- Stress Resistant
- Interest in working in an international multi-cultural environment
- Active interest in current environment and development matters
- Experience in book keeping would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Dutch, French or Spanish is an asset
- Part-time job, 32 hours per week (It’s 36 hours per week for a full-time job in Wetlands International).
- Salary scale 7-8 of Wetlands International (Euro 2.238 – Max. 2.850 based on a fulltime contract).
- Contract duration: 1-year contract with intention of extension.
- Location: Head Office in Ede- Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send an application email with
“Project Assistant” as the subject to [email protected]
with the below two documents in English:
- a letter of application (no more than 2 pages) stating your motivation for this position and your demonstrated skills and experience for this post,
- your resume /CV (no more than 3 pages).
Deadline for the application: 22 october 2017.