- As an integral member of the team, you’ll report to the Senior Key Relationships Officer and support our team ethos by working closely with other members of the Key Relationships team and throughout the organization.
- You’ll develop a robust, new portfolio of major gift supporters and engage key long-term donors and prospects through relationship building to raise dollars for clean water projects.
- You’ll be responsible to develop a metrics-driven strategy for your portfolio and work alongside a team that is collectively striving towards a goal of eleven million dollars in 2017.
- You’ll analyze supporter data to find new opportunities and ensure all activities are measurable to drive efficiencies and maximize results.
- You’ll help coordinate intimate events where the charity: water story can be shared.
- You’ll cultivate relationships with the current supporters we have in our system and grow their annual giving to us.
- You’ll learn, study, and become an expert on charity: water’s programmatic work as well as become informed and articulate about international Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) issues.
- You’ll come up with innovative ways to show donors the return on their investment. You’ll surprise and delight them with creative ways to show our appreciation. You’ll be an articulate and engaging storyteller to inspire donors to increase and diversity their support of charity: water.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4-5 years of fundraising or sales experience and a proven track record of raising major gift funds are preferred
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it with.
- Outstanding communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills.
- Drive and sophistication, excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of the fundraising department and the organization as a whole.
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment that continually strives for excellence.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents.
You’re uniquely people-oriented.
You’re more than capable of cultivating productive relationships. You’ll work closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers and other diverse personalities. This doesn’t intimidate you, but excites you. You thrive on building and developing these relationships with intelligence, maturity and professionalism.
You’re a mover, a shaker, and an avid fundraiser
You’re eager to learn. You’re inspired to change the world. You know that funding water projects in developing nations can do this. You’re committed to charity: water’s mission and solving the world water crisis.
You understand the value of our supporters.
You make everyone feel special. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
You’re a deal-maker.
You’re comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to say no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You have a remarkable track record.
You have a history of driving measurable results that have impacted the bottom line.
You’re an inventor, an innovator.
charity: water is committed to constantly inventing new ways to connect people with the direct impact of their gifts. You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.