Job Number: 507102 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Bangladesh
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Accountable for professional technical contribution to programme/project design, planning, administration and monitoring of WASH programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy in a convergent and inter-UN agency decentralized programming context.
Key Expected Results
- Accurate , complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, programme and project design, implementation and management, including emergency preparedness and response.
- Programme efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
- Progress reports and project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment , and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation , with specific attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
- Knowledge sharing with counterparts. WASH sectoral stakeholders, donors and media promoted.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration including support to and facilitation of the IASC WASH Cluster as appropriate.
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCIES ( [ ] indicates the levei of proficiency required for the job .)
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering , Geology , Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), is an asset.
Two years of professional work experience and field work experience Background/familiarity with Emergency preparedness and response an asset
Fluency in English and very good working knowledge of Bangla
Competency Profile (For details on competencies please refer to the UNICEF Professional Competency )
i) Core Values (Required)
Diversity and lnclusion lntegrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ 11 ]
- Working with People [ 1 ]
- Drive for Results [ 1 ]
ii) Functional Competencies (Required)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
- App lying Technical Expertise [ 11 ]
- Planning and Organizing [ 1
- Analyzing [ 1 1 ]
- Learning and Researching [ 1 1 ]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all Bangladeshi national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Wed Sep 13 2017 05:00:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) Bangladesh Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Sep 28 2017 19:55:00 GMT+0200 (CEST)