Job Number: 507113 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Nepal
Work Type : Consultancy
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
The overall goal of the consultancy is to create enabling environment in six Terai districts by capacitating implementing partners in facilitating sanitation social movement by mobilising community and school. The main objective of hiring the consultant is to provide technical support for effective implementation of WASH programme with due focus on sanitation social movement and WASH in school integrating DRR/CCA to meet the need of the district ODF target of six Terai districts.
The broader key activity areas of the consultancy would be following but not limiting to:
Task 1. Technical support to implementing partners for promotion of sanitation social movement and hygiene in Rural Municipalities and Municipalities mainly in Parsa, Bara and Rautahat. Design and carry out triggering activities to staff of implementing partners at rural municipalities and Municipality- at least 1 event in 1 municipality.
Task 2. Support implementing partners for effective implementation of school WASH activities following star approach incorporating DRR/CCA component in Parsa, Bara and Rautahat districts.
Task 3: Support to organize and facilitate WASH in School teachers training in UNICEF’s program district (at least 5 events) at district level.
Task 4: Support to organize and facilitate triggering training to staff of implementing partners at district level/Municipalities level in Bara, Parsa, Rautahat and others program districts.
Task 5: Document best practices and maintain WASH Monitoring and Evaluation Report from Bara, Parsa and Rautahat districts.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
The following qualification and experience are expected for the consultancy assignment:
- Academic qualification: Master degree in social science, public health or civil engineering with 3 years’ experience on sanitation social movement and school WASH or Bachelor degree in social science, public health or civil engineering with 5 years’ experience on sanitation social movement and school WASH.
- Relevant work experience in WASH sector to facilitate the ongoing sanitation movement/total sanitation in collaboration and consultation with multi-stakeholders approach at sub-national and Terai districts.
- Familiar with sector policies, guidelines and implementation modalities, implementing partner of the WASH sector stakeholders in the region and sanitation/hygiene in particular.
- Good communication and facilitation skills to carry out triggering events at regional, district, school and community level, integrating DRR and CCA in WASH planning as required;
- Good understanding of sector diversity and able to generate consensus among the multi-stakeholders for a common universal goal of GON “access to water and sanitation to all by 2017”;
- Good documentation skills on best practices on sanitation and school WASH.
Please indicate your ability, availability and proposed fee in Nepalese Currency to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a proposed fee will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Thu Sep 14 2017 05:15:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) Nepal Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Sep 20 2017 20:10:00 GMT+0200 (CEST)