Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) is a policy institute that generates knowledge and informs decision-making towards water wise policy and sustainable development. Today SIWI has some 70 employees from 25 countries.
Senior Operations Advisor
A new fixed term position as Senior Operations Advisor will be established at SIWI headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. As Senior Operations Advisor you will improve our management system and support the cultural, strategic and tactical improvement necessary to ensure high-quality delivery of SIWI’s operations. As this is a fixed term contract you should also be able to transmit your expertise to the whole organization and SIWI’s leadership in order to sustainably establish the structure and culture we need to successfully fulfil our vision in the long term. You will report directly to the Executive Director, cooperate with and receive guidance from a steering committee consisting of CFO and COO. As Senior Advisor to SIWI’s executive director and senior managers, we expect you to contribute to upgrading our operations and leadership, to secure the long-term functionality of the organization and to drive extensive and sustainable improvement. We expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader and if you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we would like to meet you. The position is on a one year fixed term contract (with potential extension).
- Design, improve and implement business strategies, initiatives, plans and procedures to secure the functionality of SIWI’s operations;
- Upgrade and improve management systems, policies and rules to ensure high-quality delivery of SIWI’s activities;
- Design tools and criteria for measuring effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes;
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and improvement (in collaboration with HR);
- Design tools and criteria for measuring performance (in collaboration with HR);
- Motivate, inspire and support all staff and SIWI’s leadership to meet or surpass goals for performance and improvement;
- Establish and improve systems and routines that promote SIWI’s culture and vision;
- Support the development of an organizational culture marked by trust, accountability and compliance.
- Experience from successfully launching operational excellence initiatives to establish robust and continuously improving processes.
- Excellent coaching skills and the ability to inspire and lead the behavioural change necessary to achieve targets;
- Extensive experience from leading organizational wide change initiatives using process improvement methods such as continuous improvement, LEAN and Six Sigma;
- Proven experience in upgrading and improving management systems that ensures high-quality deliveries to all stakeholders;
- Outstanding skills in transforming organizational cultures, leadership development and the ability to transmit knowledge to directors (senior management team), managers and officers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, business development and change management;
- Working knowledge of analyzing and visualizing performance and operation metrics;
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure and experience from IT change management;
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities;
- Demonstrable competence in strategic thinking and deployment;
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- Preferably working experience with outcome mapping and/or result-based;
- Preferably both a MSc and MBA; and
- Fluent in English and preferably Swedish.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by 21 July 2017. Start date asap. Further information can be provided by Torgny Holmgren, Executive Director, phone +46 8 1213 6010, Henrik Fellesson, CFO, phone +46 8 1213 6011 and Ms. Louise Heegaard, chair of the local Union, [email protected]