WaterAid is looking for a Senior Policy Analyst – Health and Hygiene to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities. This is a fixed term position (12 months), to cover an external secondment.
Working within the Policy Team, the Senior Policy Analyst will
- Act as WaterAid’s recognised lead on Health and Hygiene public policy
- Support WaterAid’s work to improve programming best practice in comprehensive approaches to WASH and health
- Build international recognition of the devastating impact that poor water, sanitation and hygiene have on public health, and the programming and system measures required to respond to this challenge.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- A post-graduate degree in Health Policy/Financing or Public Health or related field
- Knowledge and experience of applying quantitative and qualitative research methods, participatory action and learning, as well as an understanding of ethical issues in northern-southern research cooperation
- A strong track record of successful engagement of shifting sector or international development policy.
By 2030 we want everyone, everywhere to have safe water and sanitation and we need your expertise, passion and professionalism to help make it happen.
Working with us, you will have access to a wide range of benefits including flexible working, generous annual leave and additional leave purchase, exceptional pension, employee assistance programme and fitness and social initiatives.
Please note: this role does not fulfil the criteria for sponsorship. In order to apply you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified.