The WASH Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the WASH programming process, through the application of theoretical and practical technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting programme information while learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures to support the development, implementation and monitoring of the WASH output results of the Country Programme
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects and analyses data for the Situation Analysis, programme/project planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation purposes. Analyses programme implementation reports and evaluates against established programme recommendations and plans of action. Prepares tables, graphs and other statistical data. Reports outcome of analysis and proposes corrective actions. Also to work to lead or with other stakeholders on relevant surveys, research, and studies.
- Undertakes ongoing visits to UNICEF project sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors UNICEF inputs. Communicates with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the flow of supply and non-supply assistance.
- To report to supervisor and/or Head of Office the outcome of programme monitoring and review meetings with Government counterparts and all other relevant partners.
- Undertakes follow-up action on programme implementation activities, (including Cholera Response), contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports. Drafts changes in programme work plans as required.
- Attends technical cooperation meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to programme implementation and monitoring.
- Assists in the procurement and contracting process and the identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment and monitoring of WASH supplies and contracts chain.
- Facilitates and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in programme implementation, including partners, counterparts, donor and media visits.
- Technically supporting partner and counterparts on timely reporting and building their capacity
- Drafts relevant progress, status, and situational reports on regular basis with recommendations.
- To conduct FGD with beneficiaries and produce human interest stories.
University degree in one of the following disciplines: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
Additional training in Water or Environmental Engineering, Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- Two years of professional work experience in the UN or other national/international development organization or private sector and field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency preparedness and response.
- Additional training in sphere and cluster is an asset.
Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Core values (Required)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analysing (II)
- Formulating strategies and concept (I)
- Applying technical expertise (I)
- Learning and researching (I)
- Planning and organising (II)
While UNICEF seeks to recruit the best talent in the Yemeni labor market to be able to deliver the best possible services for the children in Yemen, we would like to make it clear that we never use any third party in any of the recruitment processes for all junior and senior positions advertised. All received applications are treated with high level of transparency and professionalism. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements are considered and only within the announced deadline.
في حين تسعى اليونيسف لإستقطاب أفضل الكوادر في السوق اليمنية لتتمكن من تقديم أفضل خدمة للأطفال في اليمن، تود التنويه إلى أنها لا تستعين بأي شخص أو جهة (قد يقدم نفسهـ/ـا) كوسيط أو طرف ثالث في أي من عمليات التوظيف وفيما يخص جميع الوظائف، باستثناء الإعلان عبر وسائل الإعلام والمواقع الإليكترونية. إن اليونيسف، منظمة الطفولة، تعمل بمستوى عال من الشفافية والمهنية. ولا يتم التواصل إلا مع المتقدمين الذين توافقت مؤهلاتهم وخبراتهم مع الوظائف المعلن عنها والتي تقدموا لها في الموعد المعلن.
UNICEF, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. UNICEF is a smoke-free environment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Opening Date Sat Jun 17 2017 08:00:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) Arab Standard Time
Closing Date Fri Jun 30 2017 22:55:00 GMT+0200 (CEST)