CDP is seeking a highly motivated individual to support its global efforts to improve water security and who thrives in a fast paced, varied environment. The successful candidate will help to shape water disclosure requests as part of CDP’s Reimagining Disclosure program, gaining understanding of current trends and best practice in corporate water stewardship, as well supporting the broader water program. The role requires the ability to analyze data, trends and think innovatively.
You will be part of the Technical Team, which supports the development of questionnaire content, scoring methodologies and guidance for companies reporting environmental information to investors and customers. You will report to the Senior Technical Manager, Water in the Technical Reporting team. You will be responsible for analysis of water disclosures, writing guidance and examples of disclosure for companies, and responding to technical enquiries particularly as they apply to different industry sectors. You will also support the inclusion of the water questions in CDP’s online disclosure platform. You will need to find a balance between completeness, transparency and quality of disclosure on the one hand, with the practicality, resulting effort and lead time for companies to collect and collate new data sets in their organization and throughout their value chain.
CDP’s Reimagining Disclosure programme is an ambitious programme of change over the next 3 years with the development of sector specific questionnaires and assessments, and a new disclosure IT platform to collect nearly 10,000 business responses to questions on climate, water and deforestation, as well as on their supply chains. You will be helping to deliver this evolution.
CDP’s Technical Reporting Team (within the Technical Team) leads the development of the information companies are requested to disclose in support of CDP’s strategic goals; including the provision of the environmental data to investors and other data users and the building of a sustainable economy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Senior Technical Manager for water in delivering questions and guidance on water disclosure that apply to companies, both specific to an industry sector and general across multiple sectors;
- Managing collaboration with several teams and stakeholders both internally and externally, to develop the content of CDP’s sector specific questionnaires and guidance;
- Analyzing responses and literature to develop case studies and best practice corporate examples for inclusion in the global water report and microsite;
- Analyzing global water risk, opportunities and strategy data for each of CDP’s targeted industry sectors.
- Authoring and testing the on-line reporting platform for the water questionnaire
- Delivering internal and external communications materials
- Up to date and thorough knowledge of corporate water challenges and water stewardship practices,
- Comprehensive understanding of global water issues, particularly those facing the private sector, with 3-5 years’ experience
- A demonstrable understanding of the technical aspects of sustainable water management
- A flexible, friendly and diligent working style with a proven record of working within a team to deliver projects successfully
- A strong entrepreneurial outlook with an ability to identify opportunities and take action to realize them
- A track record of managing and delivering multiple projects, balancing priorities, deadlines and budgets
- An ability to quickly process complex information, and demonstrable IT experience, including proficiency in excel and power point
- Track record of successful communication of technical subjects through a variety of media, including writing and proof reading technical documents, and presenting at events and conferences
- Experience of working in corporate sectors would be considered a plus (such as financial services, chemicals, agriculture)
- Science based knowledge of the impacts of water use on the natural environmental would be an advantage, as would knowledge of the regulatory and public policy environment for water
Required skills and experience:
This is a 6-month contract role based at CDP’s Central London office with potential to extend.
Salary and benefits: £30-35,000 per annum, 24 days’ holiday, generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected] with ‘Technical Manager’ in the subject. Provisional interview dates: Tuesday 11th July AM +Thursday 13th July PM. The deadline is midnight (BST) 27th June 2017, and applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.