The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for a short-term Consultant to work on the World Bank Project on Strategic Basin Assessment of Brahmaputra System in Northeast India.
The consultant would be responsible for:
- Collecting secondary information from a broad range of sources, which include technical reports, master plans, scientific papers, conference proceedings and other relevant literature.
- Collecting datasets such as climate, hydrology, sediments, socio-economic and other relevant GIS and remote sensing data related to river basin assessment from government, university and research institutions available sources.
- Assist in carrying out interviews with key experts/stakeholders in North-eastern states (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya) Support the project team in other project related tasks such as organization of collected datasets, analysis and contribution to reporting.
Candidates with the following qualifications and skills are invited to apply:
- Advanced degree (Msc/M.Tech./M.E.) in Hydrology/ water management/water resources/Soil & Water Conservation Engineering;
- Minimum two years of experience in undertaking similar nature of work;
- Knowledge in basic data processing in GIS and remote sensing;
- Some experience in understanding and analyzing hydrological and sediment data;
- Previous experience in clearly communicating project objectives to wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to discuss and coordinate with officials in the government and other organization in North-eastern states; and
- Knowledge of Hindi and local language is mandatory.
Duration of the consultancy is six months and the consultant will be based at project Office in Guwahati. This is a nationally recruited position and only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, details of previous experience together with a cover letter and the names and e-mail addresses of two professional referees.