Senior Officer – WLE Program Support is responsible for the delivery of operational services required to enable WLE to operate efficiently and effectively, including refining and maintaining processes for financial planning, analysis and monitoring of financial information, management of agreements and procurement and liaison with WLE partners. Specific targets will include developing, harmonizing and implementing integrated administration processes with IWMI, as WLE’s Lead Center/host organization, and ensuring high standards of program level data management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide effective and timely operational support to the WLE Program, including, inter alia, on budgeting, planning, reporting, data management, agreement management and logistics.
- Coordinate with the Program Assistant and relevant IWMI departments to improve upon, harmonize and implement an efficient set of administrative processes pertaining to WLE, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities, acting as contact person between WLE and IWMI’s functional departments (e.g. Administration, Finance/Legal, Travel, Communications and Program Office) to ensure timely action for WLE operations.
- Ensure effective planning and monitoring of the program’s budget, working closely with IWMI finance, carrying out more detailed analysis functions as required, and providing regular monitoring information to the WLE Program Manager and PMU.
- Develop WLE agreements and monitor contractual delivery of contractual obligations, in concert with IWMI’s Program Office.
- Support the Program Manager and Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager to track the progress of projects, ensure timely reporting by WLE partners and communicate prompts for remedial action, where necessary.
- Contribute to WLE’s use of and input into the program information database, providing support to WLE partners to ensure the right information is captured and undertaking analysis and compilation of program data for reporting purposes.
- Undertake special projects and other related duties as agreed with the Senior Program Manager – WLE to support the program requirements of IWMI.
- Work closely with the WLE Program Assistant, as required, to undertake logistics and other administrative arrangements for the program, in times of high demand, as required.
- Undertake other related duties and special assignments as required by the Program Manager and PMU.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A 2 year Diploma in Management, Business Studies or finance discipline/or G.C.E. Advanced Level with 7 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Part or full qualification in Project Management (PRINCE2 or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- 3-5 years’ work experience in an operations/administration capacity.
- Previous experience in an international organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in process development/ improvement and execution.
- Strong administration/operations skills and experience.
- A highly systematic, professional and positive approach to work.
- High level of proficiency of spreadsheets and word processing programs; capacity to rapidly learn and operate new ICT systems.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Capacity to build strong relationships with program partners, who are located across the world.
- A dynamic and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong team work ethic.
- Excellent communication in English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrable skills in project/program coordination principles and their application.
This is a nationally recruited position with a competitive salary and benefits package. The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees.
Applications must be submitted by 24:00 hours (Sri Lankan Standard Time) on June 25, 2017.