This role will, in collaboration with a team of researchers, undertake the following tasks:
- Carry out independent applied research and implementation projects dealing with international climate change adaptation governance, international institutions, climate adaptation finance and global environmental governance;
- Compilation and synthesis of project results into communication products (e.g. briefs, reports);
- Development of scientific papers to be published in academic journals;
- Participation in capacity building and training activities;
- Contribute to networking, knowledge management and outreach activities;
- Contribute to relevant project proposals and tenders to raise external funds; and
- Travel on duty when required.
We are looking for a recent graduate with a strong social science and environmental studies background (i.e. sociology, political science, international relations) to conduct research and administer projects in the fields of international climate change adaptation governance, climate adaptation finance, international institutions and global environmental governance.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of conducting independent research work and a demonstrated ability to publish in academic journals. A critical approach towards understanding the neoliberal paradigm should be exhibited, and it will be considered a special merit if the candidate can showcase specific knowledge and analysis of UN linked climate finance institutions (e.g. Green Climate Fund). Familiarity with international climate negotiations and other international policy processes is also considered an extra merit.
International work and study experiences and an international network is appreciated. Fluency in English is a requirement.
Inquiries concerning the content of the position should be directed to Cecilia Berg, Recruitment and Competency Specialist ( email@example.com) or Luca De Lorenzo ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
The selected candidate will be employed by SEI in Stockholm, following Swedish labor laws. Remunerations will be competitive based on the Swedish market and will be subject to Swedish income tax.