Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for the Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI) program.
The Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI) is a key activity of USAID/Tanzania which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, and climate change adaptation in Tanzania. The five-year WARIDI activity promotes state of the art approaches in the management of water-related resources and services in select districts of the Rufiji and Wami-Ruvu river basins. This position will be full time and based in Morogoro, Tanzania.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for the overall implementation of USAID/WARIDI. The COP provides quality assurance and quality control of all program deliverables as well as leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s field implementation team. The COP is the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech ARD, GOT and other partners and provides overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP also provides comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program.
* A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline including environmental sciences, water resources, health and sanitation, and/or international development;
* A minimum of twelve (12) years of managerial experience in international development, preferably as Chief of Party on large USAID programs of similar magnitude and complexity in East Africa;
* Demonstrated experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM), governance, livelihoods, Private Public Partnerships etc.;
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to engage a wide range and levels of organizations and stakeholders;
* Proven team building and leadership skills and outstanding management and reporting skills;
* Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in East Africa;
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) of the English language.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* A current CV in reverse chronological format;
* A list of at least 5 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference;
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.