USAID Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP) – Cambodia Pilot Project
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting Cambodian national applicants for the positions of Stakeholder Engagement Specialist. This anticipated 4-year project, funded by USAID and based in Phnom Penh, will work to create a stakeholder-driven water security improvement process in Cambodia, focusing on implementation of water security measures in two catchments draining into the Tonle Sap lake basin. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for these positions are described in the attached position descriptions.
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits also provided.
Applicants should go to Jobs page at http://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume by June 30, 2017. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
POSITION TITLE: Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Clean Energy and Water (CEW)
LOCATION: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
REPORTS TO: Project Director, Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP)
The Stakeholder Engagement Specialist will provide his/her assistance at the direction of the project’s Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist for this 4-year pilot project creating a stakeholder-driven water security improvement process in Cambodia, under the USAID-funded Sustainable Water Partnership.
The Stakeholder Engagement Specialist will particularly support the efforts to identify and engage key stakeholders participating in the water security improvement process in Cambodia. This person will liaise with and facilitate the efforts of local sub-contractors and partners with project formulation, to carry out stakeholder mapping, conduct the options analysis, and to ensure stakeholder participation in the identification and implementation of water security measures.
Qualifications and Background:
Education: Degree in a related field
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, including managing and supporting donor-funded development projects and working with local stakeholders in Cambodia
- Preferably experience working with USAID and/or other donors in Cambodia
- Some experience with providing training and capacity building, including with the training-of-trainers concept
- Experience related to fieldwork in rural areas
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs, including MS Office Suite
- Some working knowledge in English (verbal and written) preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% in the field as necessary