Primary Job Responsibilities:
Under the leadership of the Emergency Coordinator, the WASH project Manager will contribute to the implementation, monitoring and reporting for the Emergency WASH Assistance Program in Yobe state. This position will directly supervise 2 WASH project officers and will be responsible for maintaining relationships with local partner staff as well as vendors and beneficiaries.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The WASH Manager’s specific responsibilities will include the following:
• Contribute to the all aspects of the implementation of the implementation of the WASH program, including advocacy within the local and state governments, religious leaders and other key community members.
• Supervise the FSPOs in the process of beneficiary selection by the local partner
• Lead the planning of WASH project activities and set quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
• Spearhead the selection of WASH project beneficiaries based on approved criteria and strategies, ensuring beneficiaries are consulted and their views taken into account at all stages of the program.
• Oversee the work of project teams during the preparatory works, assessments, technical requirements, selection of external entities in support of the grants/projects and ensuring compliance with CRS agreements and with statutory and technical legislation issued by appropriate government authorities.
• In collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator and Emergency Manager, prepare contracts and documentation for works and oversee execution of those contracts.
• Together with the Hygiene Promotion volunteers, integrate public health concepts into water, sanitation and hygiene activities.
• Ensure WASH activities are integrated with other sector teams, such as Nutrition, Food Security Protection and Accountability as appropriate.
• Ensure that the project engages locals and develops local capacity for longer term sustainability.
• Contribute to preparing plans, proposals, and budgets for project extensions and new projects.
• Ensure protection issues are fully considered throughout the project cycle with women, elderly, disabled and most vulnerable being included in decision making for all Shelter and WASH issues.
• Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on projects implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources.
• With MEAL Manager ensure the development and implement strong M&E systems using appropriate CRS tools and resources to maximize project impact on beneficiaries.
· Monitor project development and identify deviation from approved project plans and implement corrective measures when necessary to ensure that the partners meet the project objectives.
· Identify technical assistance needs for CRS and partners and take the lead in developing SOWs and follow up with TA from the region and/or external expertise as appropriate.
· Oversee management and maintenance of up to date documentation related to all projects approvals, monitoring and implementation in both hard and soft copies.
· Undertake/participate in WASH and needs assessments of IDPs and host communities in line with international standards/best practice
· Ensure a constructive co-operation with other CRS programs, local authorities, other international and local NGOs as well as the UN Agencies
· Representing CRS at sectoral coordination forums and inter-agency engagements
· Leading on monitoring and analysis of policy issues affecting WASH sector and advising the management and policy & advocacy team on key message formation;
· Any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Emergency Coordinator
Academic Qualifications and Experience
· University Degree in Water Engineering, Public Health or any other relevant equivalent degree
· At least 3 years of technical experience implementing WASH related interventions, especially in IDP/ displacement contexts
· Technical background in Public Health. First degree or postgraduate diploma in Public Health Engineering (Water & Sanitation), or similar relevant discipline
· Advanced understanding and experience on programme monitoring and evaluation issues. Ability to design M & E tools relevant to the WASH sector and roll it out to the technical and M & E teams
· Experience in leading multisectoral assessment teams and providing technical guidance on WASH issues
· Experience in capacity building and training of staff
· Experience in project, logistics and admin. management
· High level of communication, interpersonal, representation and negotiation skills
· Good understanding and programmatic experience on various cross cutting issues such as gender, protection and environment
· Ability to write high quality concept notes and technical sections for donor proposals
Essential skills and experience
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative)
· Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
· Experience working with statistical computer software packages
· Project design and management skills
· Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment.
· Flexible and proactive attitude towards problem-solving
· Experience in Water , Sanitation and Hygiene assessment methodologies
· Familiarity with different hygiene and sanitation approached applicable in Emergency
Desirable skills and experience
· Experience in using participatory approaches in project design and implementation
· Knowledge of working with and through local partners in emergency situations
· Ability to work in local language of area where we respond – attends meetings, deliver training, manage staff, etc.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should download the application form using this link http://goo.gl/8OOQcp and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document [email protected] The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number WASH170513.**
Applications must reach us on or before COB Tuesday, June 14, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.