WEDO is looking for a creative, dedicated, and organized individual to join our team as an intern. This intern will provide support to the WEDO Team across a multitude of tasks related to program administration, outreach and communications. The intern will gain experience with progressive outreach campaigning using social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc) as well as other communications outputs such as website content, newsletters, listserve, and press releases.
Key Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Support project administration via research, writing and logistical support;
- Employ creativity and resourcefulness in strengthening WEDO’s messaging;
- Actively use Twitter and Facebook for outreach;
- Contribute to the drafting of newsletters;
- Monitor relevant news and information on the organization and our areas of work including: climate change, sustainable development, UN activities, women’s rights;
- Support general office and administrative tasks.
You are a fit for this internship if:
- You are enthusiastic and committed to WEDO’s mission and goals;
- You have some knowledge, practical or academic, relevant to the internship;
- You have an open, dynamic, and entrepreneurial work ethic;
- You posess excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills;
- You are passionate about creating social movements with new media;
- You have an established presence/experience in several of the following social spaces: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest;
- You are able to complete all tasks (mundane to substantive) in a careful, timely manner;
- You have a sense of humor, an ability to work well in a small team setting, and a desire to work in an informal environment;
- You are able to work at least 10-15 hours/week.
The duration of each internship depends on the needs of the intern and WEDO programs. A minimum two-month commitment is required and applicants available for longer commitments are encouraged. Internships are unpaid but can be used toward school credit.