Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, USA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and WASH sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world. In Nepal, our mission is to provide clean water, hygiene and sanitation to every government school in the Kathmandu Valley in the next 5 years. To learn more, please visit www.splash.org. Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are: • People – People first. People second. People third. • Quality – Beautiful products that function and last. • Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS. • Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere. • Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
The Program Manager will perform a variety of program management and monitoring functions to support the Country Director, in close collaboration with other Splash staff in both Kathmandu and Seattle . The Program Manager plays a key role in maintaining relationships, knowledge sharing and communication with local implementing partners, strengthening ties to donors and NGO partners, implementation planning, and tracking program data for internal and external audiences.
This is the perfect job for someone who is motivated and enjoys working as part of a global team, and who excels at project management, relationship building, and quality monitoring for mission-driven work. It is primarily an office-based job but includes frequent visits to partner organizations and project sites in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Ensure effective planning and implementation through our local partners.
- Monitor programmatic activities jointly with global technical leaders. Monitor the performance of local partners, and provide coaching and support to maximize performance and engagement.
- Manage the timelines and deliverables for all program implementation activities and active grants, ensuring that everything remains on track as per existing commitments.
- Represent Splash International in external meetings as requested (government, donors, NGOs, etc.)
- Work closely with other Splash International staff as well as local implementation partners to proactively identify and act upon opportunities for better program integration and improvement in program implementation, processes, tools, and procedures.
- Work with the Seattle based Program Quality team to ensure that data gathering is conducted on a timely and proper basis, and that all requested data is recorded in Splash databases according to internal standards and relevant grant requirements.
- Serve as a thought partner in designing program evidence studies and monitoring and evaluation tools and processes; lead those efforts in-country as needed.
- Assist in planning and program development for scaling the Splash program.
- Explore collaborative opportunities with other development partners for program synergy and scaling.
- Act as a champion and advocate for Splash procedures and tools. In particular, serve as key liaison to headquarters for implementation, training, and adherence to process and technology standards.
- Serve as an example of, and champion for, Splash core values and organizational culture.
Compensation & Benefits
Annual salary for this position will be established at time of hire, and then reviewed at least annually.
Education, Experience, & Personal Characteristics
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and should be proficient in English (written and verbal) and Nepali. Masters degree preferred. This position requires at least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in NGO program implementation including managing partners. In addition, candidates must have strong writing skills (for example, for proposals and reports) and a proven track record of directly managing a team of people and collaborating effectively at all levels of an organization, especially in a cross cultural environment. Other required skills include strong time management and task prioritization skills, organizational skills and attention to detail, and proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite. Direct Monitoring and Evaluation experience and/or experience collaborating with M&E staff desired. Proficiency working with data in electronic formats such as Excel; experience working with online databases such as Salesforce preferred, and WASH program experience is preferred.
Desired Attributes Include
- You are honest, transparent and show integrity in your words and actions
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and externals constituents
- You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and interaction both in and out of the office
- You are dedicated and disciplined to see a task completed to the end
- You excel at and enjoy creative problem solving and planning as well as tactical administrative functions
- You demonstrate the ability and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, “can do”, entrepreneurial environment
- You are personally motivated by Splash’s mission and goals