Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and WASH sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world. In Nepal, our mission is to provide clean water, hygiene and sanitation to every government school in the Kathmandu Valley in the next 5 years. To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
• People – People first. People second. People third.
• Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
• Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
• Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
• Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
The Impact Coordinator is responsible for the quality and integrity of our data in Nepal. The Impact Coordinator will support Splash’s routine monitoring and program quality efforts by coordinating data gathering tasks in Nepal, providing oversight, training, and support to staff and implementation partners, and regularly reviewing program data to identify gaps and key learnings. S/he will serve as a local champion for, and expert in, Splash’s processes and technology solutions for gathering, storing, utilizing, and reporting on program data. The Impact Coordinator will work with the Nepal Program Manager and Country Director, Seattle-based Program Quality team, and global M&E team to ensure we are gathering the right data – using the right tools, at the right times – based on our organizational Theory of Change and Results Framework. The Impact Coordinator will also be responsible for cleaning, organizing, and sharing data with Splash decision makers in Nepal and Seattle.
The Impact Coordinator is a hands-on and detail oriented project coordinator with a passion for ensuring that data is accurate, complete, and useful for guiding decisions. S/he will support in planning, gathering data, and sharing best practices across the sector to ensure external awareness and government support for Splash programs in Nepal.
- Provide support and training to staff and implementing partners on program monitoring and Splash’s data gathering methods and technologies; coordinate local data gathering initiatives in line with Splash organizational priorities and key performance indicators.
- Assess capacity of implementing partners for monitoring program activities and results, and deliver capacity building initiatives.
- Provide input to global monitoring tools and frameworks.
- Collaborate with Splash team members in Kathmandu and Seattle, and share knowledge with other country teams to support Splash’s continuous learning and improvement.
- Participate in developing local budgets, particularly related to surveys and monitoring activities.
- Support proposal development as well as reporting and compliance needs related to donor communications, grant deliverables and other external reporting.
- Identify and understand gaps and inaccuracies in data, work with Splash team and implementation partners to address missing or incorrect information.
- Provide recommendations and support for data quality assurance, data presentation, and results reporting.
- Provide recommendations on programmatic improvement based on results.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of organizational programmatic and M&E goals.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be established at the time of hire and reviewed at least annually.
Education, Experience, & Personal Characteristics
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Science, Public Policy, Evaluation, or related discipline plus at least 3 years of experience working in international development on WASH-related programs; urban WASH in Schools focus preferred. In addition, this position requires experience with data gathering activities and tools, strong technology and quantitative aptitude, and a desire to learn new skills. Candidates should have an interest in learning more about monitoring and evaluation in international development. Proficiency with technology such as Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel) is required; experience using a database to enter data and run reports is preferred.
Desired Attributes Include
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You love data and details but are able to understand and communicate information at a broader level
- You are results-oriented and you place a high value on the quality and accuracy of your work
- You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You think critically and put a high value on offering and receiving constructive feedback and criticism
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve