As a Sector Analyst, you will be working within the hydropower development team. Our work covers a broad range and includes sector monitoring and management of our global database on hydropower.
We build and share knowledge on topics such as: project finance and investment; climate mitigation, resilience and adaptation; water footprint; benefit assessment of hydropower; clean energy systems; and, regional interconnection and markets.
We collaborate closely with our extensive network of members and partners to deliver on these topics, and priorities are determined on a two-year cycle. Our partners include research institutions, non-governmental organisations, governments, financial institutions and development agencies.
- Report on sector trends, challenges and opportunities;
- Support IHA’s knowledge networks and expert groups;
- Organise webinars, workshops and congress sessions;
- Review and report on relevant international energy, water and climate policy;
- Assess finance and investment in the sector;
- Monitor specialist media and report on hydropower developments;
- Contribute articles for IHA’s website and publications; and
- Assist in ensuring IHA membership growth and value of membership.
Essential skills and attributes
- Degree-level education and at least two years’ experience in a similar professional role;
- Advanced understanding of global energy, water and climate challenges;
- Experience in analysing and communicating statistical information;
- A strong team player, but able to work independently and perform under pressure; and
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
Desirable skills and attributes
- Previous experience in the international electricity/water/climate sectors;
- Specific hydropower knowledge/experience;
- A general understanding of project finance and electricity markets;
- One or more foreign language (especially Mandarin, French, Spanish or Portuguese);
- Training/experience in journalism and/or business analytics;
- Project-management training and experience; and
- Database management experience.
Candidates should send their CV and a formal letter explaining how their skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
These documents should be sent by email to: [email protected].
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Sector Analyst application’.