As Head of Communications, you will be responsible for leading, shaping and delivering the association’s full suite of communications. You will report to the Chief Executive and will be supported by the Communications Officer.
- Lead on the development and delivery of a communications strategy that is aligned with the association’s work programme and objectives, and builds and maintains the association’s relationship with key external stakeholders
- Work with the senior management team and the IHA Board to shape, implement and monitor the association’s communications work programme across all platforms
- Lead on digital communications, including the expansion of www.hydropower.org, including the coordination of major development projects such as a members-only zone
- Lead on the development and delivery of the association’s email communications driven through our CRM
- Manage the production of a range of key printed publications to support the association’s work programme, including the annual Hydropower Status Report, Activity and Strategy Report and key topic briefings
- Champion the integrity of the association’s brand identity to ensure we are recognised and understood by key stakeholders
- Work with the Communications Officer to develop and implement high-quality content across all the association’s channels in a range of formats including video, animations, interactive maps, blog articles and news stories
- Work with the Communications Officer to support the work programme staff with a series of webinars and other interactive activities for members and special interest groups
- Ensure that staff and elected representatives are supported with communications advice, training and resources and are thus well equipped to act as brand ambassadors for the association
- Champion the measurement, evaluation and ongoing improvement of the association’s communications activities
- Oversee the delivery of the sector’s annual issues survey and the integration of its outcomes into the association’s work programme and objectives
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure strong and effective internal communications
- Coordinate and nurture international media and press relations
- Develop and deliver communications strategies for association events, including the World Hydropower Congress
Essential skills and attributes
- At least three years of experience in a senior communications position
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
- Experience of managing large web development projects
- Experience of developing and delivering integrated communications systems across the full communications spectrum, including web/CRM tools for membership-based activities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high standards
- Experience of commissioning and managing external agencies and suppliers
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated international awareness and ability to work across cultures
Desirable skills and attributes
- Experience of working in the sector, or in a relevant field such as climate, water or energy
- Proficiency with other languages, particularly Chinese, French or Spanish
- Experience of working in a digital agency
Candidates should send their CV and a formal letter explaining how their skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
These documents should be sent by email to: [email protected].
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Head of Communications application’.