About the Organization
The Pisces Foundation believes if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. Pisces mainstreams powerful new solutions to support innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean and abundant water, a safe climate, and an environmentally literate society.
To learn more about Pisces’ work and collaborations, visit: http://piscesfoundation.org/
We are seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented self-starter to join our mission-driven team as Program Associate, Climate and Energy. The Program Associate plays a critical role in grant management and monitoring as well as core operating functions for the program and the Foundation.
The position reports to the Program Officer for Climate and Energy and is located in the Foundation’s San Francisco headquarters. The Foundation has a second office in Washington, D.C.
Grantmaking and Monitoring: Support Program Officer in the content development of the program and grant portfolios by assisting in: planning, research, development, monitoring, and assessing grant proposals and reports. Assist in assessing grantee and program progress toward strategic outcomes and goals.
Grant Management: Support the mechanics of the program and grant portfolios by: managing program pipeline, budget, and document workflow, maintaining files, and acting as internal/external liaison on document requests and submissions. Collaborates with the Chief Operating Officer, the Grants Manager, and fellow Program Associates.
Communications: Contribute to the Foundation’s voice and presence by drafting presentations, blogs, social media.
Program Operations: Support the program’s day-to-day operations and events by scheduling, producing expense reports, and providing meeting support and events planning.
Foundation Support: Contribute to the Foundation’s operations on board meeting preparation, staff committees, organization development (contacts and mailing lists, teambuilding, recruiting/training). Executes special projects as assigned.
Research, Analysis, and Synthesis: Conducts research as directed by the Program Officer to advance and stay apprised of field developments.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of professional experience within philanthropy, non-profits or other change-making endeavors, whether for-profit or non-profit. Master’s degree a plus.
• Interest, comfort, and strength working in a dynamic, “start-up” environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading, world-class philanthropy.
• Excellent organization skills, strict attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through and commitment to high quality work.
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal. Experience in public communications and media relations preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse colleagues. Ability to represent the Foundation and build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, partners, and grantees with a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
• Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path.
• Strong judgment. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently, and effectively plan, prioritize, follow through and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexibility, a “can-do” solutions-orientation, willingness to help others, and a sense of humor.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook – and ease with databases.
• Ability to travel occasionally and attend some evening events.
• Passion for the Pisces Foundation mission.
How To Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample combined as a single document in PDF format to: Carol Ting at [email protected] Please indicate in the subject line, “PROGRAM ASSOCIATE.”
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through May 31, 2017.
See http://www.piscesfoundation.org/ for more information on the Foundation.
Pisces Foundation welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.