About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is a worldwide, non-profit organisation with 60 years of experience. Our organisation is made up of a network of offices, with outstanding technical staff around the world. By enabling others to safeguard and manage wetlands better, we help to reconcile conflicts over water, reduce the risks and impacts floods and droughts, meet future food needs and tackle climate change. Wetlands act as water sources, sinks and purifiers. They protect our shores. They are Earth’s greatest natural carbon stores. They support abundant and unique nature. But we have lost much of this wetland treasure. Since 1900 more than 64% of freshwater wetlands have been lost through drainage and conversion and much of the rest have been degraded. This leaves people and nature vulnerable. It’s time to reverse this trend. Together with many partners around the world, Wetlands International works to safeguard and restore wetlands to benefit people and nature. For our European Association, we are looking for a Project Assistant.
The European Office project assistant will work with and support and report to the project manager within the organization. Relations will be maintained most intensively with the EU project team, consultants, association members and project beneficiaries and partners as well as other staff in the Netherlands office from the office global network.
Overall Job Purpose:
Provide administrative, reporting, financial and logistical and technical support to the EU project manager and Head of Office to ensure the timely, effective and efficient implementation of the EC Grant within Wetlands International.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Prepare draft contracts for consultants and subcontractors and monitors the terms and approval of the payments. Monitor processing, filing and timely implementation of the contract, signal deviations and ensure follow up by appropriate staff and partners.
- Prepare draft project budgets, monitor budget expenditure and prepare invoices and transfer requests.
- Compile information to facilitate project reporting by the project manager
- Prepares project meetings, records the action points and minutes, and monitors their follow-up.
- Ensure project archiving, maintain contact database in line with the applicable procedures and with the aid of automated systems.
- Contribute to project proposal development with collecting CVs, track record, and proposal forms, updating the funding opportunities in automated system
- Support the logistical organisation and coordination of workshops, Communities of Practice and (electronic) meetings (e.g. steering group, stakeholder meetings, and conferences) abroad and in the Netherlands; makes reservations and aligns with location, co-ordination of registrations and cancellations, co-ordination and planning of travel and accommodation of participants. Puts it in advance to the project manager for approval.
Skills and experience
- HBO thinking and working level in administration, secretariat and logistics. At least five years of experience in a similar position working in an international context, and preferably in the European context.
- Able to work accurately and systematically (planning & organising), and know how to prioritize urgent and important tasks in consultation with relevant colleagues.
- Excellent computer skills (excel, word, project administration, online document sharing systems, intranet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Excellent social skills, team player, specifically in a cultural diverse environment; experience in working with different cultures
- Pro-active, ‘hands-on’ attitude
- Stress Resistant
- Flexible in workinghours/ working days
- Prepared to travel to Brussels occasionally
- Interest in working in an international multi-cultural environment
- Active interest in current environment and development matters
- Experience in book keeping would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Dutch, French or Spanish is an asset
- 24 hours per week.
- Salary: € 2217 – € 2991 (based on fulltime, 36 hours) depending on education and experience.
- Contract duration 1 year, with possibility to extension.
- Location: Ede- Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
How to apply:
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume /CV by email to [email protected]. Documents must be submitted in English, stated “PA WIEA” in the email subject line. Deadline for the application: June 6th 2017.