Cowater International is seeking an experienced Team Leader to help implement a prospective project on rural water supply in Vietnam. The initiative will focus on managing a fund and providing technical assistance to increase the rate and scale of rural water supply in four provinces in the country through private sector engagement and increasing opportunities for women.
The Team Leader will be based in Hanoi, and will be required to work closely with our client and Government of Vietnam counterparts in the implementation of this flagship initiative.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
The Team Leader will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least 12 years of experience in program management and implementation on an international development project, especially in Vietnam;
- Significant experience managing large, complex development initiatives and multi-disciplinary teams;
- Demonstrated experience in rural water supply and sanitation;
- Proven experience managing multiple partnerships in a complex environment including comfort in working with SMEs in the private sector;
- Strong ability to analyze prevailing socioeconomic conditions and lessons learned to support policy recommendations, reform and improve governance;
- Master’s degree or higher qualification in water resource management, engineering, development studies, economics, business, or environmental sciences as well as additional project/financial management designations;
- Experience with fund and grant management;
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Excellent speaking, writing and oral communication skills in English;
- Ability to multi-task and to handle complex programming challenges.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
The Team Leader will preferably have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience working on DFAT-Australia funded programs is a strong asset.
- Experience working on gender related topics, women’s economic empowerment and natural resource management more broadly in Southeast Asia.
- Experience in engaging public and private sector parties for a common goal.
- Experience working on a market systems development project using the Markets for the Poor/M4P approach, highly desirable.
- Professional level Vietnamese language skills are not essential, but desirable.
All candidates wishing to be considered for the Team Leader position are to apply through here, http://www.cowater.com/job-listings/. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted