Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Water/ Wastewater Engineer at Michael Baker International do?
Michael Baker International is seeking a Wastewater Engineer who will design, plan and analyze data on water and sanitary sewer conveyance projects for pipelines and pump stations, including SSES analysis and rehabilitation design for sanitary sewers.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Water/ Wastewater Engineer?
You will be involved with a variety of water-related projects such as conveyance systems, pump stations and pipeline work.
• You will work as part of a project team and be responsible for planning, design development, calculations, presentations and overall project development for a variety of projects.
• Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations.
• Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water and wastewater systems.
• Prepare and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents.
• Assist technical marketing during the procurement of key projects.
• Communicate effectively and coordinate with project teams including other disciplines (cost estimators, GIS, designers, and other engineers).
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
Could you be the Water/ Wastewater Engineer we are looking for?
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required.
• Have 4 years of increasingly-responsible, professional experience in the study, design, and construction administration of water and wastewater facilities and wastewater conveyance infrastructure (pipelines, force mains, and pump stations).
• Be self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water and Wastewater Group.
• Have excellent technical writing and communication skills required.
• Demonstrate proficiency in organization and presentation of documentation.
• Possess a Professional Engineer classification
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
How do I apply?
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.