If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
In support of the section workplan, the consultant will undertake the following work assignments:
1) Support to programme development, planning and execution through:
a. Researching, analyzing and compiling of qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on specific subject areas relevant to the WASH programme to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations. Also support analysis of data made available through different sources including but not limited to UNICEF Insights and other e-tools in supporting quality assurance monitoring of UNICEF country programme annual progress toward results.
b. Drafting project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
2) Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building.
- Researching, analyzing and synthesizing information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building. Supporting capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating in exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Through research, developing and regularly updating a repository of subject matter information, including articles, presentations, guidance/ concept notes, reports, and documents.
- Maintain updated data monitoring system and ready-to-use fact sheets of key indicators
- Supports capacity development activities on WASH and communication for development (C4D) and support programming and advocacy activities requested by country offices in the region.
- Prepares background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions as may be required by section.
3) Perform all administrative tasks required for preparation of workshops and meetings of WASH and C4D, which will include:
- Coordinating with other program staff to ensure complete logistics arrangements for the meetings and workshops to be hosted or organized by the unit, including production of workshop materials, facilitate booking of hotel accommodations, and transportation for the participants.
- Support preparation of conference/meeting/workshop venues; communication requirements (e.g. internet, phone, and e-mail), invitation to participants, make arrangements for meals; and registration.
4) To provide routine administrative, logistics and secretarial work as may be assigned by the team, such as
- Coordinates contract initiation for individuals and institutions required by section and ensuring the deliverables against the contract.
- Ensures accurate documentation required for travel, including preparation and submission of requests for travel authorization and requests for country visas.
- Ensures feasible arrangements for transportation, accommodation, and appointments.
- Ensures complete and organized filing of administrative-and program-related materials, correspondence and other official documents.
- Ensures the timely payment to vendors as agreed.
- Coordinates with common service unit in processing required administrative support.
5) To support budget planning and monitoring per annual workplan and to produce periodical financial reports for section programme monitoring and donor reporting.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 1 July 2017 – 28 February 2018 (8 months)
Deliverables: Monthly progress report
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Minimum undergraduate education with at least 2 years-experience in research, data management, knowledge management.
- At least 6 years-experience in office administrative functions, wiliness to learn.
- Thai Nationals preferred
- Experience of working in UNICEF, NGOs, research institutes and/or UN system is preferred.
- Fluent English and Thai communication skills.
- Experience in data analysis, qualitative and/or quantitative social science research.
- Strong experience in providing logistical support for travel, events and meetings.
- Decision-Making: strong problem-solving abilities, takes initiative, drives for results, ability to prioritize work, communicates problems and proposes solutions, as appropriate, organized.
- Execution: Sense of urgency and responsibility, meets deadlines, flexible work style, ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure, detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet search skills, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, proposed monthly professional fee in THB, availability and full contact information of minimum 3 references by 1 June 2017.