ABOUT THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
The Resolution Project (“Resolution”) is a unique pathway to action for aspiring young leaders committed to changing the world. Resolution identifies and empowers undergraduate students across the globe who wish to launch new social ventures supported by Resolution’s international network of resources. More than 300 Resolution Fellows, in more than 65 countries and on all six inhabited continents (including across the United States), are working in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, equality and empowerment, health and wellness, and humanitarian relief. Supporting our Fellows are over 500 volunteers, a dedicated staff, and dozens of partners from both the public and private sectors. We are now seeking exceptional talent to join our growing staff!
The Communications Coordinator will join Resolution’s high performing team to create and deliver comprehensive communications strategies and tactics that increase Resolution’s profile, engage key audiences, and attract new supporters.
– Gather content that demonstrates the impact of Resolution and Resolution Fellows around the world.
– Document content, write, and distribute stories, in coordination with leadership.
– Coordinate, post, and share institutional blogs through a dedicated organizational publication, and through channels like [[http:HuffPost.com|HuffPost.com]].
– Identify and target opportunities to leverage content with media and other outlets that can promote awareness of Resolution’s work.
– Draft relevant press releases.
– Work with leadership to prepare team for thought leadership and other public engagements, including friend and fundraisers, press interviews, etc.
– Create and manage content to enhance Resolution’s social media presence, grow our base of supporters, and ensure brand consistency across social media channels.
– Create promotional materials.
– Help to create and distribute digital newsletters using MailChimp.
– Update and monitor the website regularly.
– Liaise with external team members as needed.
– Participate in with additional communications tasks and assignments as requested.
– Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or related field.
– 1 + years of experience in communications / marketing / public relations field preferred.
– Superb written and verbal communications skills, including strong interpersonal skills working with diverse teams and superior editing skills.
– Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and take initiative in managing several projects.
– Extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow through.
– High level of professionalism with good interpersonal skills to work closely with staff and volunteer leadership, as well as external partners.
– Ability to work with a small and entrepreneurial professional staff; flexibility in supporting other staff and volunteer team members and other functions as needed.
– Ability to handle sensitive information about team members, methodologies, etc. with discretion and good judgment.
– Demonstrated commitment to meeting high quality work standards.
– Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others.
– Team-player attitude. We are a small group with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ culture, so we are looking for someone who is excited about lending a hand.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office with high level of general computer competency.
– Familiarity/experience with Salesforce or other CRM strongly preferred.
– Familiarity/experience with social media channels preferred; experience with Drupal a plus.
– Passionate about young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social entrepreneurship.
– Friendly and outgoing personality, a sense of optimism and enthusiasm, and dedication to teamwork.
The Resolution Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, religion, sexual orientation or political beliefs.
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary history or minimum salary requirements, and any scheduling limitations or restrictions you may have, to [email protected]. You must include “Communications Coordinator” as the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Minimum Education Required