This is an exciting opportunity to join our Communication team and head the unit that focuses on providing professional, proactive and timely communication planning and support to SEI research projects and thus contribute to delivering the SEI Strategy.
The Head of Unit Communication Project Partnering will be part of the SEI Stockholm Centre Management Team and work closely with the research project leaders in the Stockholm Centre, to develop communication plans for the projects and allocate appropriate communication resources, in-house and using consultants, to the projects. The role will lead a unit of five people and report directly to the Director of Communications as well as be part of the Communication Management Team.
- Lead, develop and deliver a prioritized, annual communications project partnering plan for SEI’s Stockholm Centre, in consultation with the communications team, SEI’s management and researchers;
- Ensure SEI media exposure, together with the press officer, and that media outreach meets SEI policy and standards;
- Ensure event support for projects, together with the events officer;
- Support SEI communications capacity on events and media by internal training for researchers;
- Ensure SEI presence at strategic events identified in the SEI strategic communications calendar; and
- Lead and follow up all responsibilities from and within the unit.
We are looking for a person with a university degree within Communication, PR or Marketing. You have at least 8 years of experience from building communication plans and leading communication activities. You are used to supporting core business with your functional expertise. Previous experience of working in a research or knowledge organization is an advantage.
You have several years of leadership experience and enjoy the challenge of coaching others and be part in their development journey. As this team is new with new ways of working, change management knowledge and experience is key.
To succeed in this role, you have a natural ability to navigate diplomatically among several stakeholders and at the same time stand your ground. You can manage expectations, as well as set demands, both related to colleagues in the communication team member and internal project members.
Inquiries concerning the content of the position should be directed to Cecilia Berg, Recruitment and Competency Specialist ( [email protected])
The selected candidate will be employed by SEI in Stockholm, following Swedish labor laws. Remunerations will be competitive based on the Swedish market and will be subject to Swedish income tax.