At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants….in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family…the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We are looking for a Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility who will grow at our corporate office in Marysville, Ohio.
As Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility you will advance and strengthen corporate reputation with a focus on building strategic environmental partnerships and provide counsel to advance the issues and initiatives important to our stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Operate as a point of contact for the Company to external stakeholder on issues related to social responsibility.
- Continuously review the current partnership and market landscape in order to recommend and develop initiatives in support of strategic business goals.
- Drive marketing and branding of the company’s environmental and Foundation’s initiatives.
- Maintain and build strategic relationships inside and outside the company, including businesses, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and associations to affect positive environmental and business outcomes
- Promote and leverage the Company’s efforts related to preserving and protecting the environment; specific focus on the Company’s Water Positive Landscape Initiative and The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Foundation.
- Identify partnership opportunities with external parties (including government, corporations, ENGOS, private foundations) for the Company as well as The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of corporate responsibility, including knowledge of environmental and regulatory issues, and help to develop the team’s understanding of these issues to inform decision making
- Determine how the corporate social responsibility function can continue to improve to better promote and protect the Company’s reputation across North America and aligning the team’s efforts with initiatives taking place across the business
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage several projects at once, even while away from the office.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Affairs team on external communications and issues management; Oversees updates to corporate social responsibility marketing collateral.
- Travel 25% of time
The perfect person will have:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree;in CSR or related field (business, marketing, communications)
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience working in or with environmental NGO’s; including CSR and or/ environmental outreach
- Experience communicating and marketing Corporate Responsibility efforts to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience reporting on Corporate Social Responsibility efforts
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working on environment-related issues, focus on water policy and related issues a plus
- Experience working within a large business, and/or environmental or non-profit organization
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage with wellness incentive program.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: state of the art fitness facility, Walgreen’s pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy.
- Various associate engagement activities throughout the year including intramural sports leagues.
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Scotts MiracleGro by accessing our Talent Network: SMG Talent Network
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, TomCat, Ortho, RoundUp, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.