Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does an Intern at Michael Baker International do?
You’ll be a part of a high performing team of talented team learning professional civil and engineering skills. This position has the opportunity to work with an established client on ground breaking work in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
Can you walk me through a typical day of an Intern?
- Provide technical and non-technical support on various water resources, engineering, mapping, database, and environmental compliance projects.
- Assist with various tasks associated with stormwater management, general civil engineering, sediment and erosion control, TMDL implementation planning, Low Impact Development best management practices design, compliance with state and federal environmental requirements and sustainability.
- Conduct water quantity and/or water quality modeling, develop summary tables of data and modeling results, complete moderate to complex calculations and prepare maps in ArcGIS or CADD.
- Assist in the preparation of quantities and construction cost estimates and schedules.
- Prepare routine reports and design drawings as well as some clerical work.
- Visit project work sites to collected field data and report findings to Engineers and/or Project Managers.
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
Could you be the Intern we are looking for?
- Possess a High School diploma/GED with 3+ years of college coursework in Civil or Environmental or related Engineering is required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, time management, ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Ability to work well with others and capacity to learn new skills on the job quickly
- Ability to work to participate in field work which may need to be completed in hot and cold weather conditions and in areas of rough terrain.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint – experience with ArcGIS and CADD is a plus.
How do I apply?
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.