Cesvi is present with a coordination office in Port au Prince to supervise the projects in the country and to support the staff at an institutional level.
In Haiti, Cesvi is involved in multisector interventions covering post hurricane Matthew emergency response, resilience, food security, sustainable growth and wash
The collaboration will start as soon as possible.
The main duty station will be Les Cayes.
Responsible for the daily implementation of Wash Project activities : well drilling, installation of pumps, rehabilitation of pipes, promotion of hygiene and sanitation, strengthening of water management structures, sensitisation about environment.
Plan, organize and supervise WASH activities, progressively strengthening the capacities of national staff in order to enable them to manage the project activities of Cesvi.
– To ensure the drafting and approval of detailed work plans, in accordance with the WASH project structure and monitoring and evaluation plans. To provide suggestions and the needed support to the staff in order to ensure the correct implementation of the activities in the required deadline.
– To carry out field visits regularly in order to verify the correct implementation of the works, to examine the progress made and determine/ receive feedbacks from the team and form beneficiaries in terms of challenges and gaps of the original plans, make suggestions and comments to the coordinator of WASH Program.
– To regularly organize project evaluation sessions through participation methods including beneficiaries and other stakeholders in order to identify and/or verify the needs, gaps and priorities and communicate it to the Supervisor, as a continuous evaluation and monitoring process.
– To draft reports starting from the different activity reports in accordance with the established plans, format and monitoring schedule and submits the reports to the supervisor regularly
Procurements and Budget expenses
– To prepare procurement plans in accordance with approved work plan and to monitor the compliance of procurement requests with procurement procedures of CESVI.
– To approve the budget expenses in accordance with Cesvi and Donors directives, to ensure the requests of fund compliance with the approved procurement plan.
– To coordinate and monitor budget expenses, rate variation and point out over/under expenditure and suggest recommendation to correct them.
– To draft monthly or bi-monthly budget forecast, taking into account the annual budget forecasts of programs, and submit it on time.
– To ensure an adequate monitoring of the contractors, to supervise field works, to draft contracts and ensure the payment of providers involved in the execution of WASH works.
– To monitor supplies stock and ensure the distribution and the delivery of supplies. To verify the delivery compliance with Cesvi and donors procedures.
Project, financing and report design
– Responsible for the implanting, the appropriate design, the development, the construction and profiling of well drilling.
– Upon request, to carry out evaluations on the field, in order to collect data for the design of new project proposal or to improve the ongoing projects.
– To assist the technical team in drafting technical files for structure and activity costs.
– To contribute to draft reports for donors to update the baseline of the project following Cesvi monitoring procedures.
Management of Wash team
– To ensure the direct supervision of the WASH team of La Gonâve, including a technical expertise in water management, public health, the community development and environment.
– To periodically carry out revisions of the directly supervised staff and ensure a performance monitoring of the entire team.
– To make sure the recruited staff is efficient through the update of the job description and an organisational structure developed in compliance with the organisational structure of Concern. To review regularly the staff structure and make recommendations.
– To identify the training needs of the staff and make recommendations on staff capacity improvement.
– Good planning of staff absences. To assure motivation and team work and promote the communication among the staff. To promote the adherence to the Code of conduct giving good examples.
Collaboration and Coordination
– To coordinate the planning and the implementation of the activities with other project managers, in order to create synergies and an holistic impact for a wider program.
– To work in close collaboration with the local staff on the implementation, general administration and logistics for the project and for staff security.
– To establish links and collaboration with DINEPA office and other WASH agencies in la Gonâve, as well as with the local administrations, local leaders and community representatives of involved areas.
– To regularly give a feedback about the implementation of the project to the Supervisor.
– To contribute to the drafting of the Program Strategy for Haiti.
– University Degree in civil engineering, mechanic engineering or similar field of studies referring to water resources management
– At least 4 year experience in managing projects including wash projects and direct experience in drilling
– Good technical knowledge in the construction and maintenance of water structures
– Experience in sanitation at the household level, promotion of hygiene and community mobilization / participatory planning.
– Understanding budgetary processes and procurement.
– Excellent supervisory skills of staff, experience working in a multicultural environment, and in relations with government and officials of public bodies
– Fluency in written and spoken French;
– Ability to manage workload and stress and work in a challenging environment;
– Computer literacy.
– Networking skills and advocacy skills;
– Fluency in written and spoken English
– Ability to work independently and have the vision to manage a project right from the start-up phase
– Willingness to work in remote locations, in areas with harsh climatic conditions with very limited access to recreational opportunities.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application