Job ID 376146BR
Location Glendale, US
Job Posting Company The Walt Disney Company
Job Posting Area The Walt Disney Company
Date posted 06/14/2016
At Disney, we believe that there are no limits to where creativity and imagination can take us. In our stories, we find examples of those inspired to envision a brighter tomorrow and the aspiration to make that dream come true. Our unique approach to citizenship is rooted in the entertainment that we create and the special relationship we have with kids and families around the world. Our assets and our reach provide us with an opportunity to inspire audiences everywhere to join us in taking action and caring for the world we share. This opportunity to inspire guides our work across citizenship. It is at the core of our citizenship mission to conduct our business and create products in an ethical manner and promote the happiness and well-being of kids and families everywhere.
Our commitment to environmental stewardship focuses on using resources wisely and protecting the planet as we operate and grow our business. Environment & Conservation, part of the Disney Corporate Citizenship division, is responsible for developing and implementing global strategies across The Walt Disney Company’s businesses.
The Environmental Assessments team is responsible for supporting the Company’s focus on its environmental goals. This group leads the ongoing development of Disney’s environmental footprint assessment and collaborates with business units to create metrics and processes that will enable the company to achieve aggressive goals to reduce its environmental impact. Current projects include conducting greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste inventories enterprise wide; developing strategies to reduce our environmental footprint; evaluating new project designs for sustainability; and researching emerging environmental sustainability issues.
Make an Impact…
- Assist with data collection for the Greenhouse Gas Inventory – interact with over 50 data providers, compile and organize data, quality assurance and quality control
- Support waste, water and production inventories
- Track, analyze, and report on Disney’s environmental targets on GHG, water, and waste
- Assist in evaluating sustainability standards and developing benchmarks and metrics
- Help to establish sustainability best practices knowledge base for new assets
- Research emerging environmental trends and issues
- Support internal communication efforts: preparation of quarterly reports, figures, data analysis
What we’re looking for…
- Experience with sustainability, climate change, corporate citizenship, and environmental issues (regulations, developing legislation, industry trends)
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with experience collecting, validating, analyzing, reporting, and summarizing data
- Experience in converting various units of measurement (i.e. volume to mass conversions, metric and American, etc.)
- Experience analyzing data using Excel (pivot tables, charts, formulas)
- Interested in applying an analytical education to environmental issues; such as waste, water resources management and climate change
- Strong skills in process management, documentation, and communication skills
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science & Management, Data Analytics, or a closely related field.
- The approximate start date for this 6 month internship is September 2016 (candidates with immediate availability may be considered for a summer start)
- Candidate must be available to work 30-40 hours per week for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Glendale area
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.