Postdoctoral Position: Ecology and geochemistry of coastal vegetated habitats
A Postdoctoral position is available to study the carbonate chemistry and ecosystem ecology of seagrass beds in California estuaries, to provide insights into coastal carbon uptake and sequestration. This project is funded by the California Ocean Protection Council. The goal of the project is to advance fundamental understanding of the biogeochemistry of vegetated habitats and to provide scientific guidance regarding the role of seagrass beds in ameliorating local impacts of ocean acidification in shoreline habitats. Efforts will integrate with ongoing work by the Bodega Ocean Acidification Research (BOAR) group at the University of California—Davis concerning the impacts of ocean acidification on California ecosystems.
The appointment is expected to be 1 year with an extension to 24 months with renewal based on performance. The anticipated start for this appointment is August or September 2017. The annual salary range for this position is $48,216 to $56,400, depending on post-doctoral research experience. This is a full-time appointment. This position is covered by a collective bargaining unit.
• A Ph.D. in Ecology, Chemistry, Oceanography or a related field.
• Analytical and writing skills and good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team is essential.
Relevant experience in coastal fieldwork and carbonate chemistry is desired.
This position includes significant field work (SCUBA, small boats, snorkeling) in both Northern and Southern California. SCUBA certification and experience (or interest) is preferred. This position reports directly to three faculty PIs who co-manage the project and will co-mentor the postdoctoral scholar (T. Hill, B. Gaylord, E. Sanford).
How to Apply:
Applicant should submit a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information via UC Davis’ online application system, RECRUIT, located at: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF01592.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
UC Davis is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and is dedicated to recruiting a diverse faculty community. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Bodega Marine Laboratory, Bodega Bay, California
- Curriculum Vitae - An up-to-date CV
- Cover Letter - Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Diversity contributions documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/diversity/equity_inclusion/index.html for guidelines about writing a diversity statement and why one is requested. (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)