Description of Position
ECODIT is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the USAID Water Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) Project, a 5-year project that supports the work of USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment, Water Office (E3/W) to implement knowledge management and communication services in support of the Water and Development Strategy, and any follow on water strategy. Specifically, the Project supports USAID and its partners to increase water program knowledge and data capture; support knowledge creation and knowledge sharing internally and among a wide range of external stakeholders working in the water sector; and enhance communication and outreach by engaging a wide range of audiences and stakeholders using multiple channels and approaches.
Roles and Responsibilities: The COP will bear primary responsibility for all technical aspects of Project performance as well as the effective, efficient, and timely implementation of all activities including management of staff and consultants, oversight of work plans and project financial management. S/he will be the main representative to USAID and implementing partners, ensuring ongoing coordination. The COP is responsible for achieving the Project’s expected results as well as for ensuring that administrative, financial and contracting systems are functioning to support the Project’s success.
Specifically, the COP will:
- Liaise with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and other E3/W members to ensure the timely production of high-quality deliverables that respond to the Agency’s priorities and needs;
- Provide overall contract, financial and technical management of the Project;
- Oversee team performance, assure quality and timeliness, and manage project resources;
- Lead work planning and prepare/review and submit technical and progress reports to the COR;
- Supervise a team of long-term personnel and short-term consultants and provide leadership in staff mentorship and professional development;
- Leverage linkages across project components for the purpose of improving the relevance and quality of communications and knowledge management products;
- Serve as the Knowledge Management Component Lead and oversee the design and implementation of knowledge management and learning activities; and
- Coordinate CKM activities with other central USAID water sector support mechanisms/contracts.
- Advanced degree (minimum of a Master’s degree required) in environmental or health science, organizational learning, knowledge management, communications, or other academic field appropriate to the scope of the CKM Project;
- A minimum of 10 years of project management and supervisory experience, with significant experience working in an international development context;
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programming and the water sector;
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management and learning;
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management abilities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Prior experience with USAID projects, procedures, rules, regulations and reporting requirements (past COP experience desirable).
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV under the “Jobs” tab at www.ecodit.com. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.