Ponderosa Advisors is a fast-growing data products and consulting firm with analytical tools to improve decision-making in natural resource markets. Our water resources team is growing fast and our consulting division is seeking a Montana-based Water Rights Specialist. In addition to water resources consulting, Ponderosa built and manages Water Sage, a web-based research and analytics platform integrating water rights, well, and land data with a host of legal and administrative insights. This is a new position that will report to a senior water rights specialist and consultant, and will interact closely with the rest of our consulting team, the sales department and all related client-facing and development personnel for Water Sage as well.
Ponderosa Advisors is seeking an individual with exceptional talent and skills to join its growing team as we expand consulting services in Montana.
Key responsibilities of the job:
- Support and manage consulting projects in the water rights and water resources space.
- Collaborate with senior team members as we build out our consulting team and service offerings.
- Interface directly with clients and agencies associated with ongoing consulting engagements.
- Perform field visits when appropriate.
- Public speaking and business development support for consulting and Water
- Sage commercial teams, including subject matter content development and thought leadership.
- Practical experience completing and filing forms and applications required by the Montana DNRC including Beneficial Water Use Permits, Notices of
- Completion of Groundwater Development, Water Right Splits and Water Right Change Authorizations.
- Ability to research water rights information.
- Experience performing water needs analysis and water measurement.
- Basic GIS mapping skills.
- Project management experience and technical proficiency with time management, current Windows Office products, and job-related software.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative, team player.
- Learning mentality with a desire for constant growth.
- Experience managing workload and product to project schedules, track record of on-time delivery.
- Independent, creative self-starter with a results-driven mindset.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in water rights and water resources.
- College degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Proven track record of experience in Montana water rights.
- Must be Montana based and mobile.
Salary, benefits, and bonus commensurate with the level of expertise and experience a candidate brings to the position and their contribution to our team.
To inquire about open positions at Ponderosa, please contact us at [email protected]