You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
being responsible for the design and follow up of the WaSH Country Strategy, following the Nutrition Security Framework and overall mission strategy. Furthermore, you will support the assessment, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of current and future Action Against Hunger WaSH programs in Lebanon. You will liaise with external stakeholders (Partners, Donors, and local authorities) and represente Action Against Hunger in the country.You will ensure the technical relevance of WaSH interventions according to Action Against Hunger and Country priorities, upon agreement with the Country Director.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1 : (30%) Understanding and analyzing the Water and Sanitation sector in Lebanon and define priorities of intervention according to the Countries’ strategic priorities, the humanitarian community sector guidance and Action Against Hunger principles of action, while representing the organization in the country.
Objective 2: (30%) Ensure quality and equity control, follow up and monitoring
Objective 3: (20%) WaSH team support and capacity building
Objective 4: (20%) Support project implementation, follow-up and monitoring and conduct internal evaluations of project quality
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Hydrology, Civil Engineer, or WaSH related areas
Expertise in Water, Waste-Water, Hygiene, and Engineering
At least 5 years of experience in the WaSH sector, and experience in the Humanitarian Sector
At least 3 years of experience in the Humanitarian Sector and in External coordination and representation
Reading, writing and speaking English compulsory; Arabic recommended ; Spanish and French a plus
Fully proficient in MS-Office, Outlook and Skype, familiarity with GIS and ODK an asset
Competences : Motivation, Team Work, Strategic Vision, Effective Communication, Organizing and Planning, Adaptability and Flexibility, Innovation and Creativity, Analytical Capacity
Our remuneration package:
We offer you to join a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Base: Beirut
- Salary: from 1700 € to 2200 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
HOW TO APPLY :
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Here is the link : https//:employ.acf-e.org/
Deadline to submit your application: June 3rd 2017
Note. – the vacancy may close before the deadline as we are looking for someone to start ASAP.