We are looking for a French-speaking Intern to join our Economics Team for a project funded by international financial institutions on adaptation / disaster risk management, development and economics focusing on Africa.
Your tasks include
- Collecting and analysing data and policy documents;
- Drafting structured literature research and review in French and English;
- Contributing to writing of research articles and reports in French and English;
- Contributing to develop relevant statistical, econometric methodologies;
- Writing applications for research projects with the economics team;
- Assisting the team in the monitoring and evaluation of on-going projects.
- Master’s degree (obtained or on-going) in economics, or development economics, preferably with demonstrated knowledge of climate change issues;
- High proficiency spoken and written French and English (required);
- Academic background in statistics and econometrics (required);
- Demonstrated interest in climate change, adaptation and disaster risk reduction (required). Prior knowledge and experience with climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction literature is an advantage;
- Motivated, hard-working, solution-orientated, flexible with high level of professional integrity;
- Ability to work independently, readiness to travel, good communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Proven knowledge of R programming is necessary.
What we offer
- Exciting working environment in a culturally diverse, highly motivated team;
- Participation in high-level international reports and research;
- Exposure to advanced discussions on climate science, economics and policy;
- The internship is paid.