We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team as stand in due to maternity leave. The successful applicant will be in charge of the project management of Climate Science related projects conducted at Climate Analytics.
The key responsibilities
- Project planning, management and reporting for the climate analytics science team and support with resource planning and management
- Project budget controlling and monitoring
- Act as focal point for contact with funders and partners at administrative level
- Support the Science Team leader in the coordination and tracking of project deliverables
- Support the team in the acquisition of additional funding sources, especially research grants
- Sound experience in project management techniques in the context of science / research projects or comparable operations
- Experience in budget controlling, eligibility rules and procedures
- Experience with multi-partner consortia projects
- Experience in the development and writing of funding proposals targeting different funding agencies, ideally also EU and governmental funding
- Master’s degree with an interdisciplinary focus, preferably with some natural science background, or other equivalent qualification
- Interest in inter-disciplinary work and a profound interest in understanding major challenges of climate change, working experience in wider climate and sustainability science is beneficial
- Very well organized, motivated and flexible, with the ability to work independently but also as part of a larger team
- Excellent English and German writing and verbal skills are a requirement; French skills are welcome.