Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Project Manager at Michael Baker International do?
A Senior Project Manager for our VA office to plan, direct, and oversee all aspects of select projects within the scope of the water/wastewater programs.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Project Manager?
• Perform day to day project management of projects, task orders or IDIQ contracts for Water and Wastewater customers in the greater metro DC area including Virginia and Maryland.
• Technical and administrative management of deliverables, scopes of work, schedules, staffing, sub-consultant management and budgets for water and wastewater projects.
• Client interactions, quality control and quality assurance for projects.
• Involved with business development, contract and scope negotiations, staff direct supervision, construction services and field services for water and wastewater projects and programs.
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
- A Project Manager will typically progress into a more senior leadership role. There are also many opportunities to advance or move laterally into other areas of interest within the business!
Could you be the Project Manager we are looking for?
• Water Transmission/Distribution
• Hydraulic Modeling
• Sewer Collection/Interceptors
• Water and Wastewater System Rehabilitation
• Sanitary Sewer Infiltration/Inflow Studies
• Pipeline and Pumping Station Engineering
• Possess a Professional Engineer License
• Have 12 years of experience
How do I apply?
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.