Renewable Natural Resources Foundation (RNRF) seeks a Program Manager to work with its staff and volunteer committees to develop and implement public policy programs in environmental science, design and management. The position is an exciting opportunity for a resourceful person who wishes to work on current national and international issues.
The Program Manager serves as one of three principal staff professionals for developing, planning, and implementing approved programs.
RNRF programs are:
• An annual, national, multidisciplinary conference of approximately 100-200 invited delegates in Washington, DC. Program development, speaker identification and site selection are part of the process. A report of the conference is prepared by staff and widely distributed.
• Periodic meetings with DC-based public policy leaders with congress (including Congressional Research Service), federal agencies (Interior Dept., Agriculture Dept. / US Forest Service / Natural Resources Conservation Service, US Environmental Protection Agency), World Bank, domestic and international NGOs, embassies, and the private sector.
• An annual congressional forum on Capitol Hill.
• Annual spring and fall meetings in DC-area on a topic selected by board of directors.
• Annual national awards program for individuals, projects and publications.
• Quarterly Renewable Resources Journal that includes articles, news and announcements. Publication work includes article selection, and writing and editing.
• Website and Blog
• Plus new programs development
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree. An advanced degree (M.S./M.A. or J.D.) is a plus. Education/experience/interest in natural resources, environmental science, land-use planning and design, water management, climate science, and/or public policy, etc. sought. Excellent communication skills are a must.
Reports to the Executive Director, and works out of the foundation’s offices in North Bethesda, Maryland (Metro’s Red-Line White Flint Station). Salary range: $40,000 – $55,000 – depending upon education and experience. Benefits include annual and sick leave, health insurance, and retirement benefits program.
To apply, send cover letter and résumé, in confidence, to: Executive Director, Renewable Natural Resources Foundation, 6010 Executive Blvd, 5th Floor, N Bethesda, MD 20852-3827, OR by email to [email protected] No telephone calls please.
Accessible by Metro at Red Line’s White Flint Station.
Location shown by Google Map with this listing is incorrect.
How To Apply
cover letter and resume (Word or PDF); additional documents required for interview
Annual / sick leave, health insurance, and retirement benefits program (403(b) through TIAA