It’s hard to believe that today over 663million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual with exceptional leadership and program development and management skills to fill the position of Program Director in Papua New Guinea (PNG).
The post holder will work closely with the Country Director and be responsible for:
– Providing leadership to strengthen the quality, ownership and sustainability of WaterAid’s programs in PNG in collaboration with local and national Government and key stakeholders (including donors and the private sector),
– Enhancing the quality of programs through effective grant and budget management, managing the program team, and strengthening monitoring and learning,
– Contribute to business development, in line with WaterAid PNG’s country strategy, and lead the start-up of new program areas, through building new teams and establishing new partnerships, as appropriate.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
– Excellent relationship building skills,
– Commited to WaterAid’s values and approach,
– Inclusive and empowering leadership and management style.
If you have the right skills and attributes, please send an application letter (maximum 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria and CV by 31 May 2017 to [email protected] with the subject line: “Program Director (PNG) application”. Please indicate where the position was advertised.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Note: WaterAid is a child safe organisation. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and comply with our Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.