Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides professional engineering, planning and consulting services for government, other public agencies, private and commercial partners. We assist our clients in infrastructure engineering, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference. As a preferred employer, our staff enjoy diverse opportunities for career advancement in team settings, great benefits and training, as well as exciting technical challenges on signature projects.
Our Virginia Beach office opened in 1983 and is a large, stable, multi-disciplined operation, serving primarily public sector clients. The office also serves as Mid-Atlantic regional headquarters for Michael Baker. Senior leadership is well connected with the local industry and clientele and has developed a diverse and energetic professional staff to serve our clients. The office is full service, with marketing, finance and other back office support on-site. Because of the office’s size and regional status, office staff have many opportunities to work on challenging projects locally, or across the region and company.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Project Manager at Michael Baker International do?
This stormwater Project Manager will be part of our infrastructure team located in Virginia Beach, VA. You will be responsible for marketing, winning work and executing stormwater related projects. You will also oversee and direct staff and be accountable for quality of work related to stormwater projects.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Project Manager?
The majority of your day would be spent providing engineering and design activities with project teams on projects, marketing clients for new projects, and establishing teaming opportunities with other consultants or internal groups. You will:
- Work with other offices to provide design coordination and support.
- Execute and manage projects to ensure high quality products (plans, specifications, reports, etc.) are being delivered within the established scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for other staff and provide technical support.
- Develop and maintain exemplary client (both internal and external) relationships.
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement! Based upon your interest and level of success growing business you have the opportunity to grow into a regional or national practice leader position.
Could you be the Project Manager we are looking for?
- A motivated self-starter who displays a passion for solving problems, interacting in a team environment, and meeting established deadlines.
- Possesses a B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering and a Virginia PE
- Has significant stormwater pump station and stormwater system design experience
- Has permitting and construction administration experience. Permitting linear projects in Virginia under the 2014 DEQ regulations is a plus.
- Can demonstrate success in marketing major public clients
How do I apply?
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.