If you are thinking of entering the world of international organizations and green growth, an internship at the GGGI could be the ideal start for you. The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the GGGI. You will be given a real chance to work with our people. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring Green Growth professionals, you will be exposed to conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as innovative rethinking on sustainable green growth. Interns will be selected based on merit and cannot be children or siblings of current GGGI staff members.
1st term: Mid June 2017 – Mid September 2017
2nd term: October 2017 – December 2017
Can you be a GGGI intern?
- Are you enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme?
- Have you completed Bachelor’s, Masters or PHD Degree in last 12 months?
- Are you between a first degree and graduate school (gap year)?
- Do you have excellent command of English?
Things to keep in mind for interns:
- Duration: The internship programme lasts for at least three months and can be as long as six months. Once selected, you must begin your internship either prior to or within one year of graduation.
- Cost: GGGI interns are paid USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Intern will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the GGGI internship location
- Medical insurance: You must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: You may get academic credit from your institution of higher education for the internship. Check with your university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- Applications submitted after the deadline (KST) will not be considered.
- GGGI evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*work experience is not required to qualify for internship program, but may be an advantage for certain roles
We are looking for students or recently graduated students to work with us in one of the workstreams to support the teams on a variety of issues related to development of green growth economic strategies and institutional management and governance.
- Green Growth Planning and Implementation Division (GGP&I)
- Operation Enabling Division (OED)
- Investment and Policy Solution Division (IPSD)
- Strategy,Partnership,Communications,Governance, and Thought Leadership (ODG – Office of Director General)
Take a look at our organization chart for more information. You will be asked to indicate division of interest in the application form, please read through and be familiar with the division you apply for.
- Internship in GGGI is compensated in the amount of USD 500 per month
- GGGI will not cover or provide support for visa, health insurance, relocation flight, accommodation etc.