Summary of Assignment:
Cowater is recruiting a Team Leader to support the Lusaka Sanitation Programme (LSP) in cooperation with the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company (LWSC). The programme aims to provide a holistic and integrated social marketing approach and process for mobilizing communities and promoting behavior change towards sanitation, hygiene and education at both community/institutional and household levels in the city of Lusaka.
The Team Leader will be based in Lusaka and will be required to work closely with our client and Government of Zambia counterparts in the implementation of this initiative. The Team Leader will be responsible for the management and oversight of project activities, including, the development of climate resilient sewerage infrastructure, decentralized Sanitation and Hygiene Education; institutional support and capacity building; and program management and coordination.
The Team Leader will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Sociology, Development Studies or Public Health
- 8 years’ experience in community mobilization at senior management level in Donor Funded Projects or reputable NGO
- 15 years’ experience in gender mainstreaming, stakeholder liaison and capacity building
- Strong competences in Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least 3 years’ experience in water sector in Zambia
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Statistical Package for social sciences (SPSS)
- Excellent speaking, writing and oral communication skills in English
The Team Leader will preferably have:
Significant experience managing large, complex development initiatives
Proven experience working on donor funded programs, results based management, project management frameworks and related monitoring and evaluation skills will be considered strong assets
Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
Strong ability to multi-task and to handle complex programming challenges
Proven experience developing and implementing communication programming focusing on sanitation marketing and hygiene promotion
Experience promoting decentralized sanitation and hygiene education, particularly at the household level
Excellent knowledge of climate resilience in the water and sanitation sector
Excellent knowledge of World Bank’s Sanitation Marketing Strategy
All candidates wishing to be considered for the Team Leader position are to apply through http://www.cowater.com/job-listings/. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.