Summary of Assignment
Cowater is recruiting a Marketing Specialist to support the Lusaka Sanitation Programme (LSP) in cooperation with the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company (LWSC). The programme aims to provide a holistic and integrated social marketing approach and process for mobilizing communities and promoting behavior change towards sanitation, hygiene and education at both community/institutional and household levels in the city of Lusaka.
The Marketing Specialist will be based in Lusaka and will be required to work closely with our client and Government of Zambia counterparts in the implementation of this initiative. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the development of a comprehensive communications and marketing programme focusing on sanitation marketing and hygiene promotion for on-site sanitation in the selected project areas of Lusaka city.
The Marketing Specialist will have:
- At least 10 years relevant experience in marketing and communications in a development context.
- At least 5 years’ experience in social marketing in fields such as public health, environment management, water and sanitation.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of barriers facing poor peri-urban families in connecting to water and sanitation networks, hygiene issues and in designing strategies to address them
- Significant experience in water and sanitation product promotion and marketing
- Experience providing capacity building and technical assistance, particularly to local organizations and local government / utilities
- Minimum university degree in business, marketing, development studies, sociology, public health, or other relevant field
- Fluency and excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
The Marketing Specialist will preferably have:
Fluency Bemba and Nyanja languages would be considered assets
Experience in sub-Saharan Africa
Understanding of complex social, gender, cultural and economic challenge
All candidates wishing to be considered for the Marketing Specialist position are to apply through http://www.cowater.com/job-listings/. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.