“Aleppo Call ” campaign was launched on Qatar’s national day on 18/12/2016 by the Qatari government and in response to the ongoing humanitarian crises in Syria, especially in Aleppo. The first phase of the campaign, the Emergency Response Plan, has been completed within the first two months. The second phase of the campaign, which is The Sustained Response Plan, is being currently implemented. The campaign covers at this stage six sectors in humanitarian relief that are: Health, Shelter, Non-food items, Food Security & Livelihood ( FSL), Education, Water and Sanitation. The campaign is being carried out under the overall supervision of the Regularity Authority for Charitable Activities. The projects included in this plan will be implemented by five Qatari humanitarian NGOs working within Turkey hub. These are: Qatar Red Crescent, Qatar Charity, Sheikh Eid Bin Mohammed Al Thani Charitable Foundation, Sheikh Thani Bin Abdullah Foundation for Humanitarian Services, Raf and Afif Charitable Foundations. A Technical Committee has been formed to implement Phase II of the Campaign, led by Qatar Red Crescent. Four Technical working groups emerged from this Technical Committee to implement the projects included in this phase.
Coordinate the campaign’s administrative and technical issues related to Health and Water & Sanitation, under the supervision of the Technical Committee led by Qatar Red Crescent (Turkey Mission).
Duty Station and Nature of Work :
Turkey- Gaziantep, Qatar Red Crescent office (Administrative work and Technical Consultancies)
Administratively, reports to Qatar Red Crescent that is leading the Health and Water & Sanitation Technical Group.
Technically, reports to the campaign’s General Administrative Coordinator.
6 Months, Renewable.
- Coordinate and review project plans with the Qatari organizations working within the Health and Water & Sanitation Technical Group.
- Provide support for organizations that are members in the Health and Water & Sanitation technical group by providing strategic and technical recommendations for the projects included by the group, to achieve the highest degree of effectiveness and integration by reducing overlaps or duplication in activities and inputs.
- Regular technical coordination between members of the Health and Water & Sanitation Technical Group to track overall progress.
- Regular coordination with the General Administrative Coordinator and the coordinators of the other technical groups to ensure integration and efficiency of projects’ implementation.
- Collect periodic and other reports of the project’s achievements; review and compile them in one report to share with the General Administrative Coordinator.
- Prepare the agenda and call for regular, exceptional and emergency Health and Water & Sanitation technical group meetings, and ensure proper documentation and follow up to the outcomes .
- Regular coordination with the General Administrative Coordinator to ensure timely reporting that is in line with the required Specifications.
- An academic qualification related to General Health, Community Health or Health Management, or Health Relief.
- At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian health and medical relief, and project management, mainly in emergencies and humanitarian crises.
- Experience in the Syrian situation with INGOs or NGOs is an advantage.
- The Ability to conduct filed visits to project locations inside Syria, if requested.
- Proficiency in both Arabic and English (verbal and oral).
- High communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent skills in MS Office, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical Skills.