About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is a worldwide, not-for-profit organisation with 60 years of experience. Our organisation is made up of a network of offices, with outstanding technical staff around the world. By safeguarding and managing wetlands better, we help to reconcile conflicts over water, reduce the risks and impacts of floods and droughts, meet future food needs and tackle climate change. Together with many partners around the world, Wetlands International works to safeguard and restore wetlands for people and nature.
The Resource Development Coordinator supports the organisation’s efforts to raise revenues and tracks and evaluates resource development performance. This involves identifying and researching prospects as well as providing practical support to proposal development and submission processes. Coordination of fundraising team efforts across the organisation includes nurturing teamwork and ensuring timely and effective communications and documentation to enable optimal decisions.
You report directly to the Head of Programmes of Wetlands International.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluates opportunities for resource development according to organisational positioning, priorities and risks. Supports the head office and network offices with organizational documents and donor-specific information and guidance;
- Communicates bids/opportunities in the Wetlands International network of offices, facilitating teamwork and prioritization;
- Acts as the focal point to coordinate support for proposals involving dispersed teams, as requested;
- Oversees the quality of proposals according to organizational standards, including ‘smart budgeting’;
- Records and maintains opportunities, submissions and outcomes thereof in the PSA database;
- Tracks progress and evaluates performance on resource development;
- Maintains and regularly updates a donor database;
- Provides regular reports to the Heads of Office, Policy and Strategy Team and Management Team;
- Provides RD inputs to annual reporting and Supervisory Council reports;
- Supports and assists coordination of donor stewardship e.g. by documenting relationship management information and carrying out background research;
- Coordinates with Communications to collect and produce case studies and program stories for (donor) communications and marketing materials;
- Keeps track of donations and ensures an appropriate thank you in consultation with the CEO.
The successful candidate will identify with Wetlands International’s mission and vision and have demonstrated experience in resource acquisition for comparable project-based organisations, with an emphasis on institutional fundraising. S/he will be highly organized and have well-developed writing, IT, facilitation, networking and communication skills, being comfortable working with a variety of cultures.
Essential experience and skills
- relevant education.
- experience of institutional resource development in an internationally operating organization.
- experience in working in a knowledge-rich, technical or science-based organization.
- effective people management and interpersonal skills with a facilitative and service oriented style.
- working knowledge of relevant IT systems including management information and Customer Relations Management systems or relations database systems.
- excellent communication skills (written and oral) with fluency in English.
Preferred experience and skills
- experience in working in an international NGO.
- existing donor and partner networks relevant to Wetlands International.
- experience in working with different sectors and stakeholder types, such as governments, NGO’s, corporate companies, relevant bodies within the EU and research institutions.
- ability to write clearly and persuasively to a wide range of different target audiences.
- additional language skills – particularly French, Spanish and / or Dutch.
- Part-time job, 24 hours per week.
- Salary: depending on your knowledge and experience scale 9-10.
- Contract duration: 1-year contract with intention of extension.
- Location: Ede- Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume /CV by email to [email protected] Documents must be submitted in English, stated “RD Coordinator” in the email subject line. Deadline for the application: Sunday May 14th 2017.
Resource Development Coordinator
Ede-Wageningen, Netherlands 🇳🇱