CDP is looking for a motivated Project Officer in our Cities, States and Regions Team based in our London headquarters, reporting to the Operations Manager.
About this role:
This is a unique opportunity, as this role will support our research initiative on Short-Lived Climate Pollutants (black carbon, methane, etc) in partnership with the Climate and Clean Air Coalition (United Nations Environment Programme). The successful candidate will also work on the data analysis required to develop a data analytics tool for state and regional governments to help benchmark their mitigation performance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support state and regional governments in disclosing to CDP;
- Conduct data analysis to enable state and regional governments to benchmark themselves against peers;
- Manage raw data and ensure data quality;
- Use and master IT systems to ensure the most efficient use of resources possible; and
- Support the drafting of data-based reports, white papers and blogs and other updates on progress for key stakeholders.
Required skills and experience:
- At least one year’s experience working in an office setting;
- High level of interest in sustainability, climate change or environmental development;
- Strong data analysis skills and an excellent grasp of Excel;
- Motivation to develop expertise in the issues of greenhouse gas reduction, adaptation to climate change, and the role of the public sector;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Ability to quickly grasp and master new IT systems including CRM;
- Self-starter and an ability to take the initiative;
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook even while working under pressure; and,
- Attention to detail and commitment to achieving high standards that meet or exceed project requirements.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working with advanced analytics or business intelligence solutions, such as Zoho Analytics or Tableau, especially for publication;
- Fluency in one or more language other than English.
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s Central London office.
Salary and benefits: £21,500 pro-rata fixed term 9-month contract with the possibility to extend it based on the availability of funding.
Annual discretionary bonus, 24 days’ holiday (increasing to 30 over time), generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected] with ‘Project Officer, Cities, States and Regions’ in the subject. The deadline is 23.00 GMT on May 7th 2017, but early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We will reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is appointed.