The scope of works includes:
- Preparation of River Basin Plans
- Preparation of Hydropower Master Plans
- Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA)
- Support for Capacity Development of the Water and Energy Commission Secretariat (WECS)
- Be responsible for the overall direction of the team, coordination of inputs and management of individual specialists;
- Carry out extensive consultations with key stakeholders obtaining suggestions and concurrence with the contents of the plan;
- Review, check and verify land, water and other resources data, water balance computations, etc. in relation to existing and planning/proposed/potential water sector projects within basins;
- Lead the development of the river basin plans, hydropower master plans and strategic management plan based on the use and expansion of the existing information system that support Flood/Drought forecasting, Basin planning and management, Techno-economic clearance for projects, Water allocation, Regulation, Monitoring and evaluation, Benefit optimisation, Conflict Resolution, IWRM implementation, Co-ordination, Sustainable water resources development, Demand/support project, Water Resources Infrastructure Operational policy development, etc.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary tasks specifically for the preparation of river basin plans, hydropower development plan and SESA studies;
- Supervise the data acquisition system required for river basin plans, hydropower development plans and SESA studies;
- Supervise the development of distributed hydrologic model, river system model, development of basin plans, power market assessment model and hydropower optimisation model;
- Overall responsibility for procurement and installation of necessary hardware and software according to GON and the Bank rules and guidelines;
- Supervise the development of an operation strategy for installation of DSS at WECS;
- Ensure timely delivery and quality control of all the deliverables and outputs.
- Has a minimum of a Master’s degree, and preferably a doctoral degree in water resources related engineering disciplines;
- A minimum of 15 years and preferably 20 years of professional experience;
- Specific experience in water resources planning and development in two or more projects, and experience in one or more project with a position held similar to the one proposed for this assignment;
- One or more professional trainings with at least a continuous one week duration;
- Sound knowledge of river basin planning and management;
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.