The Environment and Natural Resources Division helps federal and state agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our services include economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, risk assessments, environmental modeling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions. Our clients include the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Department of Energy.
The Environment and Natural Resources Division helps federal, state, local, and tribal environmental and resource management agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our services include climate change program support, emissions inventory development, economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, risk assessments, environmental modeling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions. Our clients include the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Department of Energy, and the Department of Transportation.
The candidate(s) will support an interdisciplinary team conducting research in support of national-level environmental programs. The candidate(s) will carry out a range of program and policy support, research, statistical and other analyses using databases, spreadsheets, and other software for projects encompassing one or more of the following topics: climate change, environmental management systems, industrial sector profiles, federal and state environmental programs, outreach and training programs, and general environmental policy and regulatory support. The candidate(s) also will assist in the preparation of documents, reports, charts, graphs, maps, websites, databases, and other materials for use by clients and senior managers as well as provide proposal and other administrative support.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, performs a variety of research and analysis tasks.
- Collects, compiles, validates and analyzes data using standard practices and techniques.
- Under direct supervision, works on assignments that are moderately complex and participates in portions of large moderately complex projects and /or proposals.
- The ideal candidate will have an outstanding academic record in environmental science, environmental management, environmental public policy, or other relevant academic discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong computer and analytical skills are essential. Knowledge of USEPA, state and local environmental programs is desirable.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and a strong interest in environmental issues are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Additional coursework in U.S. and State environmental programs is advantageous.
- BA/BS (1 – 2) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.